|Top 10 amazing windows 7 features|
Hello Folks, hope you all are doing going in your respective lives. So, today I am going to share some features of Windows 7 of which you might be or might not be aware of. So, without wasting the time, let’s get started.
1. Create your own custom shortcut.
|Create your own custom secret|
Right click on the application of which you want to create the custom shortcut.
Click on properties.
Click on shortcut option.
Choose the combination which best suits you in the shortcut key section and enjoy.
2. Use the inbuilt screen recorder.
|Problems step recorder|
Type “psr” without quotes in the search program and files section of the start menu or use windows + R command combo to start run section and type “psr”.
A window will pop up and then click on start record.
psr stands for problems steps recorder. It helps you to record your steps including mouse clicks and can be very useful while dealing with the technical issues.
3. Remove the Recycle Bin from the Desktop.
Although, Windows 7 gives you a feature to disable it. Just follow these steps.
4. Windows 7 amazing Trick- Activate God mode.
|God mode Icon|
5.Enabling Check boxes to Select Multiple Files.
|Enable check boxes to select multiple files|
Here is a feature in windows 7 to avoid that just few steps away.
Go to any folder, click on organize then go to folder and search options, then click on view option.
Scroll a little down, click on the checkbox before the option “use check boxes to select item” And You are done.
6. Rename large number of files in one go
|rename large number of files at the same time.|
Just select all the files which you want to rename.
Now just rename one of those files. (Remember all the files must be in the selection *important).
and this is where the magic of window 7 appears.
All of your files will be renamed with appropriate serialwise numbering on it.
This can be very useful when you have to rename the files of a particular event.
7. Check windows version.
|Check windows version|
If you want to check your operating system build version and to whom it is licensed to, then you can check it by typing “winver” in the run without quotes.
8. To check all the system configurations and essential driver details.
|Check system configuration|
Windows provides a keyword so as to check the entire configuration of the system and the driver details.
In order to see that, type “dxdiag” without quotes in run.
A window will pop-up with all the details.
Dxdiag stands for Directx Diagnostic tool.
9. Keywords for temporary files, sound and disk cleanup.
Here is a list of 3 keywords which are provided by windows 7.
1. Type “%temp%” without quotes in the run section. this keyword for temporary files allows you to see all the temporary log files which are of no use and you can delete it for better system performance.
2. Type “mmsys.cpl” without quotes in the run section. This keyword allows you to navigate through all the properties of sound and gives you a privilege to change it accordingly.
3. Type “cleanmgr” without quotes (you must be knowing that where to type it, obviously in the run section 🙂 ). This keyword gives you a privilege of selecting the junk files, log files and other files of no use and provides you an option to delete them, so as to save some disk space.Keyword for disk cleanup.
10. Amazing windows 7 feature- reliability history.
|View reliability history|
If you want to know that whether the stability of your system has changed or not, then go to start, type “View reliable history” without quotes.
Then a window will pop up with a date wise index graph. Go and analyze.
Hope this post will add some value to your computer knowledge.
If you find this post worthy then do leave a comment.
Thank you very much for reading. Stay connected and keep visiting. 🙂